Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my new blog – The Tin Chef

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a long time but I figured it needed to have a focus/topic that I enjoy and know something about, otherwise it would just become the ravings of a mad man and let’s face it, you really do not care about my political or religious views. So, I could talk about my work – Instructional Design, but hey that’s WORK and this blog is supposed to take me away from work! I could talk about submarines, but I really want to keep this SFW (Safe for Work) and conversations about submarines always go in one of two directions – highly technical and classified, or NSFW (Not Safe For Work). After much shallow thought, I finally came up with a topic that interest me, won’t piss people off, and some people might even want to read – Cooking.

Let me give you a brief background on how my passion for cooking happened.  For the first 52 years of my life, I could boil, fry, and scramble an egg; and even bake a cake – as long as it came out of a box. In 2010 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, which is really no big deal – or so I thought at the time. Well yes, prostate cancer is curable – if the cure does not kill you. Long story short, the “cure” landed me in Intensive Care with septic shock and acute kidney failure; and honestly for the first and only time in my life I did not care if it was over. Then laying there in the ICU I was flipping through the channels and came across Iron Chef. It looked kind of interesting so I stopped clicking and watched. By the time it was over I wanted to get better so that I could go home and try that!

So here I am two years later, and I can actually say “I can cook” with a straight face. The journey I have taken in the kitchen over the last two years has been  a blast and now I would like to share with you, some of the joy cooking as brought me … whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment